Thursday, June 3, 2010

ahhhhh.....

I woke up this morning with a whole new perspective on life. The cool Colorado air was blowing in the window, the birds were chirping, and did you catch that...I WOKE up...that means I was sleeping. Those of you that have been in close proximity to me over the last two weeks know that I have had a cough that has left me up watching old episodes of Family Matters and The Nanny from 2-3am. Last night, however, I actually slept more than I coughed. I wanted to sing the Hallelujah Chorus. It's true that I still don't feel great, but I am no longer fearing that I will never get better.


Yesterday we began the first leg of our trip. We left our house at 5am along with Isaac, Bethany, Kelsey, and Terry. We took our hippy van and Terry and Kay's sweet little Solstice...a very unlikely couple going down the road! We traveled about sixteen hours to Brush Colorado and stopped at aunt Brenda and uncle John's.



After one day in that van...I am in love! It is the ugliest, sweetest little camper/summer home ever. It's exactly what I was hoping for. We all took turns riding in the convertible and lounging on the bed in the back of the van....and of course...rocking out to Justin Bieber hits the whole way.



Our next stop...Denver. We will leave after lunch today to drive an hour into Denver to begin the wedding festivities. Nathanael and Audra (Jeremy's brother and our new sister-in-law) will be married this Saturday! We're looking forward to all the fun. I am a little nervous about the best mEn speech that is being rehearsed in the basement as I type. Should be interesting! I'll try to get it on video to share:)

While we are in Denver, our class:B RV will cool her heels here in Brush...awaiting further adventure!

-L










3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! Your captain's logs are great Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laughs! :) Keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see the pictures as you go. Looks like it's been a lot of fun already! Glad to hear you're feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete